Saturday 7 December 2013

longing [adj.]







So I've been trawling a variety of music blogs and the Soundcloud space for eargasms and I came across Ta-ku and a couple of his remixes and songs from his EP Songs to Break Up To and it's pretty sick. It's not heavy on lyrics but there's a lot of emotional depth to it. Especially, I Miss You which is the stand-out track for me.

Throw in the fact that the year is coming to a close, it really got me reflecting on the past 20 years of my life. That's not to say that I was like duhhhh I'm so emo my life sux but it just got me thinking that you can't always get what you want (Okay that is such a cop out from The Rolling Stones) but it really seems like it. It's incredibly frustrating when you want something so badly and it just slips between your fingers.

During rehearsal today, I kept urging Chun Hou to emote more for his character by thinking about something that he longed for but made him upset he couldn't get it in the end. I could think of quite a few personal examples for myself but he was all I can't think of anything because there's no point harbouring over things that are out of your control. It's probably the first time I wanted to hit him not for being retarded but for the fact that I'm ridiculously envious of his ability to just get over things easily.

Sometimes it's just hard to let go because it's just right there but you know, nobody ever said this was easy. It's always okay to want, because it gives direction and ambition. The toughest bit is knowing when to stop and say this is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment