Monday 17 March 2014

motion


Less than 48 hours ago, I was clutching my left side in pain as I desperately tried to heave myself out of bed to call my neighbours for help. But I couldn't. I remember being scared as the ambulance whisked me away in the silence of the night. I was drifting in and out of consciousness when the doctor tried to talk to me. I only felt a sense of relief when I glimpsed my mum by my bed side. They had put me on 3 bags of IV Drip and that was when I realised that I had kidney stone(s) from dehydration.

Somehow I'm not surprised. Less than 24 hours ago, I was directing, acting and dancing for approximately 15 hours straight. I had set myself up for a schedule that really believed that there are miles to go before I sleep. It's really hard to stop, especially when you've gained momentum.

But Newton's Third Law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I'm beginning to discover the parameters of my own human limitations. Just 3 more Arts Festival showcases and 2 more Dance Uncensored performances in the next 2 weeks and I'll jump off this bullet train I'm on. I promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment