Monday 21 April 2014

nostalgia




Kanice brought me to The Dispensary - an old Chinese medicinal hall that became a cafe, for a study buddy sesh. I was pretty amused by how my tea latte was poured into a cup that made it look like a 1 dollar kopi from the hawker centre. I love the décor and how reminiscent it was of those vanished years. But you know what they say about nostalgia - it is a byproduct of a yearning of the past, uncertainty with the future and discontent with the present hahaha but it was a great place for me to finalise my piece on early 1960s Hong Kong in WKW's In the Mood for Love (!!!)


if you're not watching this show, you are totes missing out. It is GORGEOUS to say the least, and definitely one of the most beautiful films of all time.

The magic of Easter was that I actually woke up and made it on time for the Easter Service today. I haven't woken up this early in ages! But I was really thankful that Lizo invited me because there was this familiarity that reminded me of the MG days and there was this comfort in being unburdened and lifting up your worries to God. It's something I haven't done in a long while and getting back into it was just...well, it felt like coming home. 

Had grilled eggplant toasties and this unexpectedly delicious Earl Grey Chai latte at Kith for brunch and walked about town for hours until our feet ached. Girl time with Lizo is always a good thing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment