Friday 13 March 2015



"I want to rest
I want to breathe quietly again" 
- Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire

- - -
I am experiencing all sorts of good ~positive vibes~ today. My limbs are all relaxed and loose and I'm in this unshakeable state of calm for the past 12 hours. It's such a good feeling, like one of those days, where you are just perfectly contented to just lie down and do nothing else but be in peace with your own thoughts.

This is probably attributed to the yoga class I went this morning with Amanda. Both of us were tired but completely blissed out. I used to go to Hom Yoga but I made the jump to Yoga Movement and honestly I had a great first class. I finally did the crow pose for 1 sec which was better than none at all.

I can't assert how much I love this feeling. If I could I would bottle it up, and open it sparingly on days when I truly need it.

Truthfully, I tend to get lost in my own thoughts, just more so nowadays than others. And for some reason I came across the story of St. Francis of Assisi in Dante's Inferno of The Divine Comedy and about how he risked his soul to descend into hell for an unscrupulous fraudster, Guido I da Montefeltro. I understand that a) this is not the only interpretation of events and b) it's fiction but nevertheless, this is how it would be predicted to be according to his character and manner in real life. It's so compelling to know of a real figure that has so much compassion and mercy; it makes me feel like the way of my life is far too worldly, in the sense that it is limited to the nature of its existence. My friend astutely pointed out that the story I shared is analogous to the story of Jesus but nevertheless it has awakened some sort of spiritual-moral awakening.

I think it's been a long time coming. I say this in light of how there may be claims that I may be a 21 year old undergraduate but I have an emotional maturity of a pubescent teen and a slightly off-centre moral compass. Then again, everyone is different, I am just taking a longer (and more scenic) path to getting there.

P.S. To God be the glory, the best is yet to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment