Sunday 19 April 2015

sleepless


if it's one thing you should know - it's never to take sleep for granted.
If I could sleep, I would, but I can't. So here I am, a gold VIP member of Starbucks, at 4am writing up a lab report to the faint murmurs of the coffee machine against the silence of the night. 
I foresee that I will be able to renew my gold status by the end of finals. 

Time trickles away like smoke you try to catch with your bare hands. Less than a few months ago, I was in another country, another time and place, miles away from this purgatory limbo towards the grand goal of Finals. Sometimes I am hit with amnesia and I forget what it is like to be free from burdens and woes. I must remember that your life functions to make you tired and restless, hungry to indulge and vaguely dissatisfied with the course you are on - this is the (ironically) ultimate average life. People attribute the those who are truly happy and satisfied are the ones who are lucky. But luck is the planning you don't see.

Oh great, now I'm sounding like a champion of Ayn Rand's Objectivism or Stoppard's Rosencrantz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment